Nowadays, everyone, literally everyone owns a smartphone with Android or other relative features. But amongst that, most of them are mainly Android users who are the most renowned open source of the operating system. As regarding other OS despite android almost all the features of certain apps are unavailable, or you need to buy it. But in the case of Android, it’s a wow opportunity.
Now think your loved one is staying at a distance from you. Or it’s your parents who want to see you at your birthday, despite you staying at a different country aka time zone. So what’s the solution? With every rising problem, there’s need to be a solution and the solution is video calling application for Android and iPhone users.
- Learn how to get Hulu free Accounts and Premium Netflix Accounts for free.
What is video calling?
Video calling is a two-way communication process enabling both the audio and video features, supported by both 3G and 4G headsets. Both the parties can see each other while talking. So it’s the next big opportunity when you are miles apart from a family get together or that special occasion.
In this article, we will be highlighting the top video calling apps for Android and iPhone. The list will not be trailing any particular order, just that we will be including the most popularly used video calling apps. All the apps that we have listed below are free but some may contain in-app purchases.
Best Video Calling Apps For Android & iOS
Skype is one of the most popular video calling service that is used by many enterprise ventures. The app for the service is available for both Android and iPhone platforms. Skype mostly focuses on providing video calling and voice chatting between two users or a group of users. But still, skype additionally provides instant messaging whereby users can share text and multimedia. Skype is best known for allowing conference calls. To download Skype for Android and If you are on an iPhone platform, download it from here.
Undoubtedly one of the best video calling application available in today’s time. Almost everyone who owns a smartphone is familiar about this amid application which can be found on nearly all major platforms including other OS system.
- It’s free. No hidden cost.
- One can be able to send photos, videos of any size.
- Apart from video calling it also supports voice calling system (at a very cheap rate) as well as instant messaging (IM).
- Backed up by 3G and 4G technology.
- WhatsApp is a great messaging app that includes a tone of features with video calling included. WhatsApp first began as a text messaging app then gradually went on to include voice and eventually video calls.
- As many of you know, the user account is usually based on the user’s phone number.
- The app currently belongs to Facebook and boasts of a massive number of users. WhatsApp calling feature is pretty decent.
- Other features include text messaging, multimedia sharing and voice calls.
- All messaging and chats in WhatsApp are end-to-end encrypted. This feature was just recently added to the app.
3. Google Duo
Google duo is an excellent video calling app that is available for Android and iPhone operating systems. The app is developed by Google itself which explains its user satisfaction.
- Google duo app allows users to perform video calls in high definition. Google Duo is developed with ‘limited bandwidth’ users in mind as it is efficient for low-bandwidth networks.
- The app also includes user end-to-end encryption by default. Video calling in Google duo is by use of phone numbers.
- Essentially you can video call anyone on your contact list as long as they have an account on Google duo as well.
- Another cool feature about Google duo is that it lets users see a live preview of whoever is calling before you decide to answer.
4. FACEBOOK MESSENGER
If you are one of the Facebook messenger users you may be aware you can now make video calls with your fellow social enthusiasts. Not only can you socialize with your Facebook buddies via text-based chat, but also video calling as well.
- Facebook allows you to make video calls with your friends for free, anywhere.
- Video calling on the Facebook messenger is quite easy.
- Just select the contact that you want to interact with then select the video camera icon to start.
5. IMO App
IMO is a simple and lightweight video calling application available for both IOS and Android. With IMO app on your device, you can make unlimited video calls to your contacts with the app. IMO is friendly for a range of data plans whether 2G, 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi. The app also includes text messaging, voice calls, photo, and video sharing. Though you will have to deal with occasional ads. In general, the app is not that bad. It is suited for someone looking for simplicity.
- To download IMO for Android head over here. If you are on an iPhone platform, download it from here.
KIK is basically a text messaging app with video calling feature. Users can access the app’s features after registering a username. KIK is known for preserving a user’s anonymity by allowing them to optionally register an account without providing a telephone number. However KIK usually logs user’s IP which the company uses to determine their location. KIK features both single and group video calls. It also includes some fun features that are great for gamers.
- To download KIK for Android head over here. If you are on an iPhone platform, download it from here.
7. VIBER MESSENGER
Viber is a lot similar to WhatsApp messenger. Viber began as a voice calling app then later incorporated video calling. With this app, you can text chat with your fellow Viber users, make voice calls and make video calls as well. The app is currently owned by a Japanese company. Users are usually identified and registered through a cellular telephone number. All conversations are encrypted as well. To download Viber for Android. If you are on an iPhone platform, download Viber for ios from here.
8. Line Messenger
Most popular instant messenger app. Available at all major Operating System platforms including Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Blackberry.
Special features of Line Messenger:
- Supported by 3G and 4G technology.
- Supported by Wifi.
- Chat stickers which are hilariously funny to make your instant messages and chat attractive and exciting.
- During the call, users may switch between video call to voice call.
Another most common video calling app. Available for all kind of OS as well as desktop OS. Supported by 3G, 4G as well as WiFi platforms. The best part is it integrates the user with Facebook and Twitter aka social media.
Features of OoVoo:
- Make one on one or group call with up to 12 people at a time.
- Talk to your best friend at your favorite Avatar.
- Send pictures or in-app messaging at the time of video call.
- Most important is it’s free.
10. Yahoo! Messenger
Yahoo Messenger for Android- Official Yahoo! Messenger for Android. If your official workmates or beloved ones are using this chain of mail app, it calls for the king’s crown. Best integrates with Android system.
- Free international SMS.
- Allows free voice calls, IMs as well as international calls at a very cheap rate.
Tango App featuring the same programmers the other apps are providing. Using its edit option one can be able to send edited snaps. Its unusual feature is all the photos will be stored at its central gallery. Play the mini game or share photos during a call.
As Accordingly I have listed the most popular video apps for Android. Now use it and share your views. Happy day!
Justalk is another app that is great for video calling. Justalk is a free video calling app that comes with some pretty neat features. The app not only does it support two-person video calling but also group calling as well which is one of its top features. In addition, Justalk contains other features such as voice calls and text messaging. The app contains in-app purchases for themes and personalizable items but the good thing is all the main features are completely free. All the conversations in Justalk whether video call, voice call or text messaging are end-to-end encrypted. It is to be noted that there are usually consistent ads but can be turned off by purchasing Justalk plus. To download Justalk for Android head over here. If you are on an iPhone platform, download it from here.
13. SIGNAL PRIVATE MESSENGER
Signal Private Messenger is another popular video chat app. This great app as the name suggests features end-to-end encryption for all the video chats, voice calls and text messages between two signal users. Signal uses your existing phone number and address book for your profile and friends respectively.
The app allows users to create encrypted group chats so that you can engage in a private conversation with your friends at once. In addition to the encryption of every conversation, Signal server never has access to any group or two-party conversation metadata.
With the current trends and norms, video calling has become a common practice today for staying in touch with family, friends and even strangers. Video calling has become of the essence for maintaining interactive and intimate conversations despite the distance between the communicating parties. Video calling has also proved to be of much importance for many business ventures when it comes to coordinating conferences and procuring of task forces. Video calling apps are a great asset to businesses as it is economical because parties involved do not need to meet in person. It also saves a great deal of time.